- This event has passed.
60th BCJLS Auction of Champions
January 7 @ 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
It’s our 60th year and we want to make it the best auction ever! Please come out and help us meet our goal of a $600,000!
Register as a buyer HERE.
See also the official Show rules. Check back for updates.
- Order of Sale– the order of sale will be determined by Show officials and published on the website after the show.
- Auction Eligibility– only exhibitors showing market animals or creative arts projects will be eligible for the auction.
- Limit– each exhibitor may sell only one (1) entry.
- Method of Sale– all entries will sell by the lot. The auction is consortium style, meaning all the individual bids on a lot from each buyer are added together and the exhibitor receives the total of all the bids. Buyers are not competing against other buyers in a true auction style. Buyers are adding to the exhibitor’s total with each bid. Buyers do not receive the lot at the end of the auction.
- NO EXHIBITORS ARE ALLOWED ON THE AUCTION FLOOR. DO NOT SOLICIT BUYERS AT THE SHOW.
- Exhibiting the Lot:
- Each exhibitor must present their own lot for sale. If the exhibitor is not present, the lot will not sell unless unless prior approval has been obtained from the Show.
- Exhibitors must check in with the line-up superintendent at least 25 lots in advance.
- Parents ARE NOT ALLOWED in the sale ring.
- Exhibitors may bring a second student into the ring with them.
- Exhibitors may bring their 8″ x 10″ framed BCJLS picture, ribbons from the current show, and lot number into the ring. No other banners, balloons, signs, notes to the auctioneer, or presents to the buyers are allowed.
- Each exhibitor participating in the Auction of Champions must have their photo taken and purchase the photo from the official show photographer. The official photo MAY be displayed in the sale ring.
- Removing an Entry– Once an entry is on the auction list, it may not be removed from the sale. If an exhibitor removes an entry from the auction sale, he or she will be barred from showing the following year.
- Commission– a 7% commission will be charged on all sales, including live bids and add-ons.
- Thank-You Letters–
- ALL exhibitors MUST turn in thank-you notes/letters to their buyers and belt buckle sponsors to the Board of Directors on February 21, 2023 from 6:30pm to 8pm at the BCJLS office (7701 FM 1346, San Antonio, TX). Each letter must be ready to be mailed: addressed, stamped, and sealed.
- In the event the exhibitor’s letter(s) is not provided on February 21, 2023, a 10% penalty fee will be deducted from the exhibitor’s check. If the exhibitor’s letters are not received by March 1, 2023, the sale of the animal will be voided.
- Payment will be by check to the exhibitor.
- Replacement checks will incur a processing fee.
- If a buyer fails to pay their bill by April 1, 2023, the exhibitor will not be paid the outstanding amount. The exhibitor will be paid the monies collected minus the commission, and provided a list of buyers & amounts outstanding. If a buyer provides partial payment, the proceeds will be distributed proportionally to all exhibitors the buyer bid on.
- Registration – All buyers MUST register on-line at https://auction.showorks.cloud/fair/bexa. All buyers, new or returning, MUST register. Returning buyers WILL have a new buyer number assigned at the time of registration. Even if you just want to do add-ons, you must register on-line as a buyer.
- Ownership of Lots – The BCJLS is a NOT a terminal show. Lots will remain the property of the exhibitor. Buyers, are not actually bidding to take the item home. “Bids” on the lots are individual donations. The cumulative total of the “bids” is the total sale price, with the individual buyer paying only their bid.
THANK YOU TO THE BUYERS, PARENTS, AND VOLUNTEERS!